Tuesday, September 30, 2014

What's in a name?

For a year while we readied the house to sell, we talked about adopting an orange kitten for our new home.  So for a year we planned it , even his name-Jax.

After we settled in our new place, we started looking for an orange kitten to adopt.  I have wanted one for years, even before we took the black one  which I wrote in my blog 'A little what?'.   I found a cat rescue online from my city and was looking at photos of kittens and there he was!  Just what I wanted, a long haired, male orange kitten.  He is the one I want- I could tell from the photo-even though it was of the top of his sleeping head -I just knew.

I knew I was going to get him at the adoption at the pet store on Saturday, didn't matter that I didn't have the $ 125.00 adoption fee. I showed my son the online photo and he handed me 3 fifties and said Happy Birthday!  On Saturday I hurried to the store and saw the kitten and held him only for a minute because I wanted to fill out the application right away.  The whole time I was filling out the form, an older couple was petting and holding him and three others came in asking for Theo, the name the rescue group gave him.  I was changing that soon to Jax.  I finally gave my application, laid down my money and Theo,I mean Jax, was mine.

When we got him home we tried calling him Jax but we kept calling him Theo.  We took a pool on facebook and the name Theo won.   Thats it, we called him Theo.  He is a Theo ,through and through.  And I new I made the right choice in kittens when he licked my nose and cheek.  He is such a loving and smart kitten.  He was finally accepted by the cats and dog except for Little Bear- he still bats him on the head.  Theo has big feet and if he grows into them, Little Bear better watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment