Monday, September 29, 2014

Little Bear's journey

One autumn day, I was at my computer which is next to the downstairs window.  The blind was closed.  I am busy but I kept hearing a thumping against the window.  I finally investigated by pulling up the blind.  And there is my neighbor's cat jumping frantically at my window.

I yell, what are you doing- go home, all to no avail because she kept jumping.  I HAD to do something because she is so frantic that she will either knock herself out or break the window.  I opened the window and yelled for her to go home- stop it!

Then I stared really hard at the cat.  Hmm, this cat is too big to be my neighbors.  I call my daughter downstairs and sent her looking for Little Bear, my black cat who has never been outside his whole life.  My daughter can't find him and last time she saw him, he was in her room, which is upstairs over this room.  I asked her if her window is wide open and she said yes.

So I started calling the cat Little Bear- is that you?  The frantic cries started!  I think it's Little Bear. Both the neighbor's cat and Little Bear are identical except my cat is bigger.  Now I start calling Little Bear to jump up and he jumps so high he lands on the screen and as I try to pull the screen in- it SLOWLY falls backwards with a panic stricken cat whose big eyes were saying HELP!

Finally, one last jump and he's in the window and I grab him and start crying.  What an awful ordeal  He evidently fell out the second floor open window and was lucky he didn't break his neck! We live on a very busy street and so the cats are indoor cats.

I can laugh now thinking how funny it must have looked but at the time all I could see was a frantic cat hanging on a falling screen with fear in his eyes.  I wonder what he thinks now, when he sits on a window sill.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment